As per the Canadian Goat Society’s By-Laws, nominations are being accepted for the following districts:
District 1- British Columbia
District 3- Saskatchewan and Manitoba
District 5- Quebec
Be part of a progressive and dynamic group of dairy and angora goat breeders dedicated to the genetic excellence of the Canadian dairy and angora goat sector. Become a Director and help shape the future of our organization. Directors will participate on regular board conference calls and travel to attend the Annual General Meeting.
- One Director for each of District 1, 3 and 5 will be elected in 2017 to serve a three-year term on the CGS Board of Directors
- Members may make nominations only for Directors resident in their district
- In order to qualify as a candidate for the office of Director in your district, you must be nominated by no fewer than 15 members in good standing who reside in the same district
- Nominations must be sent by mail to the CGS office and post-marked not later than June 30, 2017 in order to be considered eligible for the election ballot
- Candidates can use the CGS Director nomination form to collect the support of their fellow breeders …click here.
- Current CGS members and contact information can be found on the CLRC website and is searchable by province …click here.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the CGS office at any time.
Here is your current Executive & Board of Directors!
2016/2017 CGS EXECUTIVE
Julie Reise, President
Susan Frazer, 1st Vice-President
Sandy Howell, 2nd Vice-President
Sandy Howell, 2nd Vice-President & District 1 Director (BC)
6162 Alington Rd, Duncan, BC V9L 2E9
Robyn Andersen, District 2 Director (AB)
Box 2014, Rimbey AB T0C 2J0
SK & MB
Susan Frazer, 1st Vice-President & District 3 Director (SK/MB)
Box 151, Beulah, MB R0M 0B0
Patrick McClean, District 4 Director (ON)
680 Ganaraska Rd RR 1, Campbellcroft, ON L0A 1B0
Julie Reise, President & Director of District 4 (ON)
789 Highway 6, Caledonia, ON, N3W 1M5
Arnold Steeves, District 6 Director (Maritimes)
182 Academy Street, Hillsborough, NB E4H 2R9
The Canadian Goat Society’s Board of Directors are elected from six districts of Canada and in proportion to the number of members in the district.
District 1– Province of British Columbia
District 2– Province of Alberta
District 3– Provinces of Saskatchewan and Manitoba
District 4– Province of Ontario
District 5– Province of Quebec
District 6– Provinces of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island
The number of Directors elected in each district will be determined by reference to the total number of members of the Society that are resident in that District according to the Society’s membership list as of December 1st of the calendar year immediately preceding the election year and according to the following schedule:
1 to 150 members 1 Directors
151 to 450 members 2 Directors
451 and over 3 Directors
Districts 1, 3 and 5 shall have their election of Directors in the years 2017, 2020 and so on every three years. District 2, 4 and 6 shall have their election of Directors in the years 2018, 2021 and so on every three years.